After the recent Supreme Court ruling that struck down Texas regulations on abortion clinics as arbitrary and/or lacking sound medical basis, abortion foes pounced on Donald Trump for not saying anything about it.
Shocking, I tell ya! A man who supported abortion all of his life not having much to say about lifting restrictions on abortion!
Of course, it is shocking only to those who actually believe Donald Trump had an 8th-decade conversion to the "pro-life" cause. Along with support for unregulated gun access and reading the Bible daily. Etc.
It appears the Religious Right is as clueless as the NRA.
A 70 year old man suddenly has a change of heart over Jesus, guns and abortion ... all at the same time. How stupid do you have to be to NOT recognize this as a CON job? The right-wing's irrational fear and loathing over Hillary has made them pliable dolts.
For the Religious Right, who is instructed to "have the faith of a child" (per Jesus), I'm not completely surprised at their lack of curiosity and absence of skepticism. And, I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the NRA either since its #1 goal is to maximize the profit of gun manufacturers under the rubric of an absolutist 2nd amendment.
No comments:
Post a Comment