Sunday, February 4, 2018

The Effectiveness of a Wall and Mexico Paying For It

Taking Donald Trump's southern border wall proposal at face value, I haven't heard anyone make a rational case for how the wall would work and actually be effective (and worth the money) in the long run.

Has there been a study on this? I'm serious. As a taxpayer, I don't want my tax dollars being wasted on something that isn't going to achieve its purported goal of stopping drug dealers and illegal aliens from sneaking in.

And this is even before getting into how Mexico is going to pay for it, assuming people who voted for Trump actually hold him to his campaign promise. If he tries to do it via an import tax, that won't help as the price of goods coming into the USA from Mexico will simply be increased, passing the cost on to the American consumer.

No comments:

Post a Comment